Creative Color Techniques
This category of color service is always growing and changing with the current trends.
These techniques can be done on all heads of hair and base colors depending on the desired end result. Some of the current trends are listed below:
- Peek-a-boo highlights/lowlights: dramatic pieces of color added to the interior of the hair to “peek a boo” out as hair swings.
- Ombre’: Darker at the roots, lighter at the ends
- Sombre’: Ombre’ with some blending highlights
- Melting: blending of several colors on the same head.
- Babylights: Pieces of color placed around your hairline
- Ponylights: Pieces of color place on your neckline and above ears for those clients that wear their hair in up styles.
- Bronde: Is she blonde or Brunette?
- Balayage: Free hand highlights
- Rooting or Smudging: Creating a shadow at the roots to create dimension and allow for longer time between visits.
- Dip Dye: Extreme form of Ombre’. There is an obvious line where one color stops and the other color starts. Your creative color technique is followed by a relaxing shampoo and conditioning scalp massage. Olaplex and custom conditioning treatments are applied at this time if desired.